The president of the competition’s jury was Miklós Kállay, dr., professor emeritus at Szent István University, while its vice-president and specialist advisor consultant was Emese Domián (DipWSET).
The wines submitted to the nine categories were evaluated and juried by DipWSET (Wine and Spirit Education Trust) certified experts, wine writers, instructors, wine traders and sommeliers.
The committees were chaired by Gabriella Mészáros, dr. – DipWSET, Director of the Wine College of Budapest –, Diána Nyitrainé Sárdy, dr. - Dean of Cultivating Knowledge and Sustainability, Szent István University, Ottó Légli – winemaker and President of the National Council of Wine Communities – and Sándor Ember - viticulturist and winemaker.
Other members of the jury were:
- Irina Balga, dr. (winemaker)
- Tamás Borbély (winemaker)
- János Frittmann (winemaker)
- Attila Fiáth, dr. (international wine academician (DipWSET)
- Tamás Freund, dr. (member of the Hungarian Wine Academy, president of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (2017)
- Éva Gálné Dignisz (winemaker)
- Tamás Gincsai (winemaker)
- Ákos Kamocsay (winemaker)
- Dóra Koczor (winemaker)
- György Kiss (specialist instructor)
- József Kosárka, dr. (wine writer)
- Zsófia Krasznai (international wine academician (DipWSET)
- Gábor Laczkó (winemaker)
- József Lamport (winemaker)
- Róbert Láng (wine expert)
- Péter Mészáros (winemaker)
- Sebestyén Nagy (wine expert)
- Beáta Pühra, dr. (winemaker)
- Katalin Pintér (étteremtulajdonos)
- László Romsics (international wine academician (DipWSET)
- Csilla Sebestyén (international wine academician (DipWSET)
- Ivett Vancsik (international wine academician (DipWSET)
- Béla Vállai (sommelier)
- Csaba Vesztergombi (winemaker)
The wines were evaluated based on the positive evaluation method of 100 points that was developed by U.I.O.E. and O.I.V. and recommended by the Les Grands Concours Internationaux de Vins et Spiritueux.